Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
Christian Library International (CLI) seeks a highly motivated, creative professional to create and administer an engaging communication strategy for a growing Christian-based nonprofit.
As a prison ministry that began in 1996 and now serves over 1,600 prisons, CLI exists to glorify God by leading inmates to a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. This is achieved by providing God’s word through books, Bibles, Bible studies, CDs, DVDS and tracts. Volunteers connect with inmates by letter and minister to them through the CLI Leadership Bible study and the Disciple of Christ Study.
The Communication Specialist will be a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for sharing the mission of CLI with current and future volunteers, donors, and congregations through relevant marketing and communications strategies. Reporting to the Development Director, the Communication Specialist will create and execute CLI’s marketing, communication and social media strategy. A sample of duties and responsibilities are:
- Mapping out a comprehensive communication plan and set goals. Driving strategies that are proven by testing and metrics. Analyzing key metrics and adjusting strategy as needed;
- Implementation of a content editorial calendar to manage and plan specific, timely marketing and development-related campaigns;
- Oversight of content management: creating, curating, and managing all published content (images, video and written);
- Management of social media marketing campaigns. Monitor, listen and respond to constituents in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and relationships;
- Working with CLI’s Development Director on campaign content and execution for annual appeal mailings, emails, and social media reinforcement.
- Coordination of webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly;
- Responsibility for public relations strategies, managing all media contacts and connecting reporters with the appropriate internal spokesperson;
For complete job description and to apply, upload a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to armstrongmcguire.com/apply.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- 2018 Inspire Awards Payment Submission
- 2018 PRSA Southeast District Conference Call for Presentations
- 2018 PRSA Southeast District Conference Registration
- Advanced Search
- Advanced Search
- Advancing the Profession and the Professional
- Board of Directors
- Candidate Panel
- Candidate Registration
- Employer Panel
- Employer Registration
- Job Bank
- NCPRSA Board Sponsorship Portal
- Oak City Collaborative Sponsorship Portal
- Post a Job
- Post a Job