Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
Christian Library International (CLI) seeks a highly motivated, creative professional to create and administer an engaging communication strategy for a growing Christian-based nonprofit.
As a prison ministry that began in 1996 and now serves over 1,600 prisons, CLI exists to glorify God by leading inmates to a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. This is achieved by providing God’s word through books, Bibles, Bible studies, CDs, DVDS and tracts. Volunteers connect with inmates by letter and minister to them through the CLI Leadership Bible study and the Disciple of Christ Study.
The Communication Specialist will be a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for sharing the mission of CLI with current and future volunteers, donors, and congregations through relevant marketing and communications strategies. Reporting to the Development Director, the Communication Specialist will create and execute CLI’s marketing, communication and social media strategy. A sample of duties and responsibilities are:
- Mapping out a comprehensive communication plan and set goals. Driving strategies that are proven by testing and metrics. Analyzing key metrics and adjusting strategy as needed;
- Implementation of a content editorial calendar to manage and plan specific, timely marketing and development-related campaigns;
- Oversight of content management: creating, curating, and managing all published content (images, video and written);
- Management of social media marketing campaigns. Monitor, listen and respond to constituents in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and relationships;
- Working with CLI’s Development Director on campaign content and execution for annual appeal mailings, emails, and social media reinforcement.
- Coordination of webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly;
- Responsibility for public relations strategies, managing all media contacts and connecting reporters with the appropriate internal spokesperson;
For complete job description and to apply, upload a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to armstrongmcguire.com/apply.
Apply via this link: https://q2ss.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mkqw
Q2 Strategies is looking for a Communications Specialist contractor to support an important technology implementation at a valued client. The specialist will drive understanding and adoption of the system and newly designed workflows by developing communications materials in accordance with the client’s culture, values, and strategic vision. The ideal candidate will be able to absorb broader change management themes and leverage his/her experience, knowledge, and creativity to offer innovative solutions to Q2 and client leaders.
Currently, the client expects that a suitable candidate would be offered longer term employment and broader responsibilities, depending on fit and qualifications.
- Draft emails, Microsoft Powerpoint presentations, posters, and other materials to execute on the Communications Plan and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Support the workstream leads and engagement consultants in developing speaking notes, talking points, engagement packets, and/or leadership action plans.
- Support training effort by creating job aids or cheat sheets as needed.
- Draft web content for the project’s intranet site, including milestone achievements and project updates, FAQs, change agent resources, and training materials.
- Leverage organizational social media tools and intranet sites to reach a broad audience, including e-bulletin posts and Yammer sessions.
- Work closely with the internal communications team to align on branding, distribution dates, and organization-wide distribution channels.
- Support go-live by coordinating feedback and distributing notes on issue resolution and fixes/work-arounds to go-live support agents and the project team.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a strategic communications specialist or consultant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to tailor messaging and approach to stakeholders with a broad range of responsibilities, experience, and interests.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with partners and customers.
- Ability to effectively interface with employees and drive employee engagement.
- Bachelor degree in Communication, Journalism, I/O Psychology, Organizational Change Management or related discipline.
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to be part of our Corporate Communications team. The Senior Public Affairs Specialist is responsible for ensuring active, consistent and meaningful communications on a day-to-day basis, through online and print channels, to increase awareness of and generate support for public power and public power communities. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain website content.
- Support management of ElectriCities’ social medial, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts.
- Effectively conduct proactive and responsive media relations work (including interviews by phone, email, and live on-camera; press conferences; and media cultivation) when necessary.
- Develop and evaluate public information campaigns.
- Support ElectriCities’ basic media relations, including writing press releases and statements maintaining media lists, and collective media mentions.
- Research, interpret and disseminate information through a variety of media and public affairs channels to clarify and promote issues, programs and projects affecting ElectriCities and the Power Agencies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A BA or BS degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in communications, public relations or publicity work.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for a variety of audiences and communications mediums.
- Knowledge of techniques for disseminating information to the public through news and social media avenues.
- Ability to prepare formal communications plans and campaigns.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple programs simultaneously.
- Experience working with a website content management system (experience using Drupal and/or WordPress a plus).
- Knowledge of and interest in public affairs and the political process.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of the media, elected officials, special interest groups and the general public.
- Experience using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ERM is hiring multiple Communications and Outreach Liaisons in North Carolina and Virginia for a project-term, field-based position for a duration of two years to assist the Atlantic Coast Pipeline – External Affairs Manager with implementation of communication and outreach strategies supporting the ACP project team’s objectives for the construction of a major, multi-state infrastructure project. Coordinate and serve as liaison for relationships with local elected and appointed officials, local businesses business groups, community organizations and support relationships with landowners. Investigate and advise community leaders and elected officials on constituent questions, problems, or concerns. The Liaison will be part of a team and need to work in close cooperation and collaboration with other Liaisons, government affairs staff, other members of the construction contractor team and the External Affairs Manager.
The Liaison will manage day-to-day communication between the project team and local communities, as ample notification and outreach must be conducted about the construction activities that will take place in the area. This person will serve as on-site point person, in the event that protestors approach the construction rights-of-way. The Liaison should independently troubleshoot issues as they arise, act as a resource for landowners and the internal Land team; all in an effort to resolve conflict that may result from construction.
The Liaison will attend daily meetings with construction crews, environmental inspectors and other specialty construction groups (as early as 5:00 or 6:00 a.m.), as a means to determine potential upcoming community impacts, issues and/or outreach topics.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Attend daily construction meeting(s) at spread-specific construction office and provide a daily summary report to the public affairs team.
- Work half-days at the construction office beginning with the morning meeting beginning when construction commences and continuing through restoration.
- Coordinate with the project team and government affairs staff for right-of-way tours with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the implementation of various public outreach campaigns – safety, trail closures, hunting restrictions, etc.
- At the direction/request of the public affairs team, conduct notification outreach to locality and county staff prior to construction beginning in or near that area.
- At the direction/request of the public affairs team, conduct ongoing and consistent outreach with identified staff at localities, counties, emergency response agencies and other identified stakeholders regarding daily construction activities.
- Supplement or provide support to project team staff on request.
- Document and report all interactions with stakeholders and landowners and submit weekly reports.
- Assist land and construction team with landowner issues.
- Be point person for the construction spread in the event of protestor demonstrations.
- Assist public affairs with community issues.
- Serve as primary public affairs contact for construction and land groups.
- Provide real-time updates to public affairs team as issues arise.
- Bachelor Degree in communications, political science, public affairs or similar educational and/or field experience; or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of required level of education.
- Related experience and demonstrated knowledge of public affairs, community relations, local government relations communications or outreach.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task, synthesize ideas, plan strategically.
- Ability to coordinate work among a wide variety of skill sets and to work well in a grassroots environment.
- Familiarity or experience with infrastructure construction process.
- Experience with conflict/dispute resolution techniques.
- Commitment to Dominion values.
- Effective and collaborative team player.
- Previous experience with energy company and/or client preferable.
- Previous experience as local elected official or community leader preferable.
- Office Work environment up to 25%; Field work environment 76%-100%.
- Must be available to begin work early (between 5:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m.).
- Must be available to work more than the standard 40 hour work week, for at least six days per week through the duration of the project.
Please click on the following link: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERMGINC&cws=1&rid=10961
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
FleishmanHillard Charlotte is seeking a Manager, Social Media Analytics to monitor and report on a variety of global social media campaigns, analyzing and synthesizing data to provide actionable insights and tactical recommendations for our client.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about social, data and analytic tools. Someone who has an innate curiosity and the desire to find out “why?” Our office is growing at an amazing rate, and this is an opportunity to produce work for top clients in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that values team above all. We do great work – and hire only great people, too. Our staff comes from big and small agencies, and from the brand side, providing a range of perspectives and one great office culture.
FleishmanHillard Charlotte is a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth and the opportunity to work on projects ranging in size from regional to global in scope for some resume bolstering brands. Our creative, armed with technical excellence and exceptional client service, deliver communications that advance our clients’ brands.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Sound like what you’re looking for?
Support the Analytics team in providing overall analysis of social data across multiple programs and social channels, including:
- Collect and synthesize data across PESO channels (paid, earned, shared, owned) using various social listening and analytical tools
- Providing monthly and yearly updates to internal teams and client
- Develop KPIs, dashboards and scorecards
- Liaise closely with client service teams to provide tangible client recommendations
- Stay current with the latest social measurement trends – as well as relevant industry trends
- Development of strategic plans, messaging, media materials, and digital/social content
- Collaborative: Works as a collaborative, decisive partner and liaison across all parties including clients, vendors, creative staff, and operations
- Contribute to making FH Charlotte a fun and exciting place to work
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in an advertising, digital or PR agency
- Strong analytical skills – and previous experience analyzing and interpreting social data
- Comfortable finding the meaning in data, turning data into stories, and presenting data
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively communicate campaign performance to internal and external campaign stakeholders
- Experience with social media monitoring tools: Crimson Hexagon, TrendKite, Sprinklr, Sysomos and Radian6
- Expertise with tools to analyze social data: Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, SEMrush and working knowledge of SEO and website performance benchmarks
- Attention to detail with strong project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage ad hoc reporting requests in tandem with ongoing projects
- Experience working with technical and creative professionals
- Reasonably technical background preferred to effectively recommend tools and solutions, and partner with technical teams to implement and troubleshoot analytics packages
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with experience in all forms of persuasive, corporate and executive communication
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Collaborative attitude, strong work ethic and ability to thrive and excel in a challenging fast-paced environment
- A desire to work hard and play hard
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality work for clients, be a team player and a motivator, and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. A sense of humor is key. Interested candidates should be an outgoing, well-spoken, well-informed person with confidence and common sense. You’ll need a serious interest and awareness of trends, best practices, technology, and business applications on the Internet and within FleishmanHillard.
This job description is asking for a lot. If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your resume with video examples, spelling out your role in each case.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
Applications will close on June 15.
Click here for a complete job description with salary: https://www.ncmcs.org/cms/lib/NC01001076/Centricity/Domain/25/JobDescriptions/EOPs/Asst.%20Dir%20for%20Comm-Comm%20Specialist%2005252017.pdf
Click here to apply: https://nc.teachermatch.org/applyteacherjob.do?jobId=411032
Assistant Director for Communications or Communications Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, education or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience or training in public relations or journalism
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the Director for Communications in managing a range of communications and public relations functions
- Provides support to district leadership, including principals and senior staff in writing and editing public communications, news releases, school board documents, scripts, letters from principals to parents, etc.
- Drives the social media presence for the district with strategic postings to the district’s Facebook. Twitter, and other social media accounts. Provides training and support to schools in their social media efforts
- Supports Director during crisis events and supporting communications, such as drafting news releases, scripts, statements, monitoring media outlets, staffing media on-site, etc.
- Assists the Director in coordinating public appearances, activities, communications and presentations for the Superintendent and Senior Staff as requested
- Assists Director in managing the school district’s ConnectEd phone messaging system; assists with distribution of emergency and outreach messages.
- Designs, prepares and disseminates web-based banner ads, event program books, flyers, posters, signage, and other miscellaneous promotional or informational materials
- Designs and publishes the school district’s yearly calendar and student code of conduct
- Maintains the district’s letterhead, business cards and logo files
- Monitors news publications and other media coverage at local, state and national news and distributes information to appropriate personnel
- Provides consultation on internal communications as directed
- Represents the school system in interaction with community agencies and organizations as requested by the Director• Oversees and maintains content of the school district’s website, and trains and supports school-based websites
- Assists with coordinating Key Communicators committee and district-level Parent Advisory Council
- Coordinates the district’s Growing to Greatness Award program and all other recognitions at School Board meetings
- Films, produces and edits the monthly “Superintendent’s Spotlight” series
- Operates and maintains proper accountability for all equipment in the graphics, photography and videography production area
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and software related to videography, graphic design and photography such as Adobe-based software
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director for Communications and the Superintendent
The Communications Manager at the University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center in Chapel Hill directs print editorial services, including serving as the managing editor of Cancer Lines, the center’s quarterly newsletter, and Donor Honor Roll. The position provides communications support for fundraising, special events, and other external affairs initiatives through the development, distribution, and promotion of outreach messaging and materials. This position will stay abreast of center priorities, identify sound ideas for communication, and proactively develop communications strategies to support departmental and institutional goals to enhance the reputation of the UNC Lineberger and UNC Cancer Care. The Communications Manager is responsible for initiating, implementing, and evaluating communications that strategically targets multiple internal and external audiences, specifically donors, prospective donors, patients, media, advocacy groups, and other community groups. Additional information about about the position, including how to apply, is available online, https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/121081.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- 2018 Inspire Awards Payment Submission
- 2018 PRSA Southeast District Conference Call for Presentations
- 2018 PRSA Southeast District Conference Registration
- Advanced Search
- Advanced Search
- Advancing the Profession and the Professional
- Board of Directors
- Candidate Panel
- Candidate Registration
- Employer Panel
- Employer Registration
- Job Bank
- NCPRSA Board Sponsorship Portal
- Oak City Collaborative Sponsorship Portal
- Post a Job
- Post a Job