COVID-19 Information and Resources
The North Carolina Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America is committed to the health and well-being of its members and has assembled a list of resources to help you navigate the COVID-19/Coronavirus situation both personally and professionally. We will update this page as new resources become available.
Health and Economic Resources
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS): Provides up-to-date information on the state of the virus in North Carolina including case counts by county, health resources, and FAQs.
- NC State Government Information and Resources: Connects users to unemployment and small business help, health and human services, information about food access, shelter and child care resources, and updates on the case count and the state’s response.
- NCCARE 360: Can connect you to local services and resources through a statewide coordinated care network.
- NC Housing Search: Provides access to free listings of affordable rental housing in North Carolina.
- NC Department of Justice: Provides information on how to avoid coronavirus scams.
- Center for Disease Control: Discusses what you need to know about the virus, including symptoms and seeking treatment, and includes a map with updates on cases across the United States.
- World Health Organization: Provides extensive information on the impact of the virus worldwide, travel advisories, and how to protect yourself.
- Coronavirus.gov: Provides resources for travelers, households, pregnant women and children, small business owners, schools, businesses, health care professionals and health departments, and laboratories.
- HUD Announcement on Foreclosures and FHFA Announcement on Foreclosures: Provides information on the immediate foreclosure and eviction moratorium for single-family homeowners with FHA-insured mortgages for the next 60 days.
- Fannie Mae Mortgage Assistance: If Fannie Mae owns your loan, its Disaster Response Network can help you navigate the mortgage relief process and address other financial challenges.
- State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project: Provides free housing counseling, help working with your servicer and referrals to legal assistance if you are facing foreclosure.
- Consumer Protection Financial Bureau: Provides information for people struggling to pay their rent or mortgage on what to do now and what your options are for mortgage and rent payment relief.
PRSA Crisis Communications Resources: Includes webinars, informative articles and blog posts to assist communications professionals during COVID-19.
Institute of Public Relations COVID-19 Resources for PR Professionals: A list of resources for PR and communications professionals to help better understand and prepare strategies for COVID-19.
International Association of Business Communicators COVID-19 Resources: Articles, webinars, and discussions on responding to the pandemic.
Glassdoor COVID-19 Resources: New tools and resources for job seekers and employers navigating COVID-19.
The Ultimate PR Guide to Working From Home: Article from media update offering guidance for PR professionals who are suddenly working remotely.
Seeking relevance: PR and Media During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Article form Agility/PR Solutions discussing how PR professionals can find relevance for their brands in the midst of the pandemic.
10 Return to Work Tips for Relaunchers During the COVID-19 Health Crisis: Article from iRelaunch on how PR professionals looking to re-enter the field can prepare during the pandemic.