Join NCPRSA as we shine a light on the winning PR campaigns and tactics that inspire us to do our best!
Everyone is welcome. You do not need to be an InSpire Award Winner, or NCPRSA Member, to attend the celebration.
Enjoy an elegant evening surrounded by an unbeatable view of Raleigh’s sparkling skyline at the City Club of Raleigh as we honor our peers, celebrate with fellow professionals, and experience the best of what NCPRSA has to offer:
- Networking and Tradition. Mingle with NCPRSA friends and colleagues at the Past Presidents cocktail reception.
- Professional Development: Our Keynote Speaker, Joel Curran, Vice Chancellor for University Communications, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, will deliver an entertaining and inspirational message highlighting his approach to leadership and his vision for the communications professional as an advocate for your organization’s values.
- Recognition: Awards winners will be presented with the iconic InSpire awards and applauded by their peers.
2018 NCPRSA InSpire Awards Gala Keynote Speaker
Joel Curran is the vice chancellor for university communications. As a UNC alumnus and North Carolina native, Curran is a veteran of the public relations industry in a career that has included leading key offices for prestigious agencies and corporate communications offices for The Walt Disney Co.
He was previously the managing director of the flagship New York office for MSLGROUP, the world’s fourth largest public relations and engagement agency and the strategic communications group for the Paris-based Publicis Groupe. In that role, he is responsible for nearly 200 employees. Previously, he ran MSLGROUP’s Midwest operations.
Curran also worked at public relations agencies in Los Angeles, Chicago and Charlotte and spent more than a decade with The Walt Disney Co., rising to director of synergy for the company’s network television and professional sports franchises. He was the Chicago Public Relations Society of America chapter’s “Public Relations Professional of the Year” in 2010, and was an adjunct instructor in public relations and marketing at the University of Chicago’s Graham School.
Curran earned his bachelor’s degree in journalism from UNC-Chapel Hill in 1986.
2018 NCPRSA InSpire Awards Gala Details
Thursday, May 17, 2018
The City Club of Raleigh
Wells Fargo Capitol Center
150 Fayetteville St #2800
Raleigh, NC 27601
5:30-6:30 p.m. Registration Check-In and Past-Presidents Reception
6:30-7:30 p.m. Dinner and Keynote Speaker Joel Curran, Vice Chancellor for University Communications, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
7:30-8:30 p.m. Awards Program
- Individual: $75 (PRSA member); $95 (non-member)
- Table of 8: $450 (member); $570 (non-member)
- Student: $50 (PRSSA member); $70 (non-PRSSA member)
CLICK HERE to register and purchase tickets/tables online.
If you would like to be an event sponsor, please contact Awards Co-Chair Travis Bullard: email@example.com.