NCHA is a statewide trade association representing more than 130 hospitals providing acute care, ambulatory care, sub-acute care, rehabilitative, home health and hospice services, behavioral health services, state psychiatric inpatient services and veterans’ services. The association promotes and supports our members and associated partners by advocating for sound public policy, advancing collaborative partnerships, and accelerating innovation to improve the health of the communities where we live and work. NCHA achieves this work by leverage the scope and scale associated with a $17+ million-dollar organization, which is funded by members’ dues, grants, and shared service.
Develops and implements advocacy communications to advance NCHA legislative goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities include: content planning, creation and daily management of NCHA social media properties; creation of tools, resources and materials to increase member engagement in grassroots advocacy activities; management of legislative advocacy content on the NCHA main website; coordination and distribution of daily news summaries; and completion of special projects in support of association goals.
• Manage all social media channels owned by NCHA and its subsidiaries, including both content creation and audience engagement, to elevate our brand and ensure consistent messaging on organizational priorities.
• Proactively generate ideas for compelling content, recommending and implementing appropriate strategies and platforms to reach target audiences. This may include planning, executing and optimizing paid social media campaigns, when appropriate.
• Create and manage an editorial calendar to ensure consistent and timely posting and distribution of social media, web and email content. Post/schedule content through a content management software system.
• Compile and distribute daily news summary for members, partners and corporate sponsors.
• Develop content and manage production and dissemination of materials needed to support grassroots network development.
• With advocacy team, manage content development and publication of white papers, talking points and editorial pieces on NCHA legislative issues.
• Provide data/metrics analysis of website, social media properties and news coverage to demonstrate impact/effectiveness.
• As part of the communications team, support NCHA team members in communications activities with association members and public. As needed, consult on editing, proofreading, and graphics for overheads, slides, speeches, newsletters, and other communications. Identify and share best practice strategies and technology/social media tools with NCHA staff and member hospitals.
• Assist the Vice President and Member Communications Director with developing and implementing NCHA public relations and communications plans and strategies.
• Work with Vice President in coordination of NCHA media relations activities, including by monitoring social conversations about NCHA across multiple platforms and alerting the Vice President to conversations that may have potential to become a more significant issue. Write press releases, blog posts, and talking points, as needed.
• Performs other tasks and duties as identified or assigned by the President, the organizational supervisor or the position itself.
• Embrace the NCHA mission to improve the health of the communities where we live and work by advocating for sound public policy and collaborative partnerships.
• Support the vision for A North Carolina where high-quality healthcare is equitable and accessible for all.
• Demonstrate the association’s core values in all relationships, at all times. Respect. Integrity. Teamwork. Accountability. Perseverance.
• Reports directly to the Vice President of Communications. Works closely with Member Advocacy Director on assigned tasks. Collaborates with Member Communications Director to ensure consistency in communication to members.
• Communicates with members and other community partners as needed to monitor advocacy activity and support outreach efforts. Has occasional contact with news media.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Journalism, Public Relations, Health Policy, or related field.
▪ Three to five (3-5) years progressively responsible experience in public relations or communications with a strong focus on social media and content planning.
▪ Knowledge of hospitals, health policy, state and federal legislative processes and constituency building within a membership association preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proven ability to develop and implement successful communications content and campaigns, including prioritizing and managing projects and reporting on the ROI of content efforts.
• Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to take complex topics and distill information into unique, engaging and actionable content and communicate results effectively.
• Strong, experienced writer with mastery of AP style and grammar.
• Strong working knowledge of social media, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as well as marketing analytics tools.
• Proficiency with WordPress and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge and basic proficiency with photography and video production and editing required.
• Basic graphic design experience preferred, but not required.
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and collaboration skills. Good problem-solving skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Work performed mostly in an office environment.
• Use a computer throughout the workday.
• May require occasional travel.
North Carolina Healthcare Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual preference, or other protected status.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 27, 2019.