Company First Horizon National Corporation
Location Memphis, TN
Reports To Corporate Communications Director
About First Horizon
First Horizon National Corporation is a diversified financial institution offering regional banking, wealth management, and capital market services through our extensive family of First Horizon Companies. Established by Frank S. Davis in March 1864, we are Memphis’ first national bank and the nation’s 14th oldest bank charter.
Since our landmark opening 154 years ago, we have grown to become the market share leader in Tennessee with average trading volumes in excess of $5 billion per day. At approximately 6,000 employees and counting, our family of companies comprises the fourth largest regional bank in the southeast with $40 billion in assets and more than 300 branches in eight southern states.
Communications Consultant Role:
The Corporate Communications team at First Tennessee Bank manages media relations, employee communications and community investment.
We are looking for a talented, energetic team member to build reputational capital through employee communications with proven skills in the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing and delivering employee communications to inform and enhance our
• Storytelling to bring our news to life and connect with employees
• Public relations writing and editing in AP Style
• Developing messages that enhance multiple areas of strategic focus
• Presenting, counseling and negotiating to enhance employee communications
• Transitioning smoothly from thought leader to team member – and back again
• Managing details for long-term projects and urgent communications
• Developing long-term relationships with internal influencers of employee messages
• Using social media to enhance employee communications
• Influencing in a culture focused on accountability, adaptability, integrity and
• Developing measurable results and reporting and tracking them to demonstrate
• Understanding the unique First Tennessee/First Horizon story and developing
employee messages to tell it
• Designing for print and the Web
• Creating and delivering a polished product for final review and pushing to
completion on deadline
• MUST BE BASED IN MEMPHIS, TN; NO TELECOMMUTING.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or a related field and at least 5
years of employee communications experience
• Excellent writing, editing and project management skills.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work collaboratively in fast-
• Proficiency with relevant computer software applications, including Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Graphic design or video production skills a plus.
Tell us why you are a great fit for First Horizon National Corporation. Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KLH & Associates Contact
Mr. Kim L. Hunter
Office: 323.469.8680 ext. 225