Essential Job Duties:
- The qualified candidate will be a key member of the OMC (Office of Marketing and Communications) team to help shape strategic marketing and communications through creative storytelling and content planning to promote the people, programs and outcomes of the Wilson College of Textiles. The communication specialist will be skilled in writing and editing content that aligns with NC State style, tone and brand guidelines for print and digital channels.
- Embracing the Wilson College culture, the specialist will value compassion, equity, collaboration, innovation and sustainability in meeting position duties and responsibilities as outlined below:
- Participate in communications and story content planning strategy sessions with the director to support undergraduate and graduate program marketing; diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives; student recruitment, success and retention; internal communications; faculty research and recognition; and alumni and donor engagement.
- Participate as a member of the college communications committee and work with multiple departments within the college to identify story ideas and refine messaging to reach target audiences.
- Serve as lead writer for internal and external communications, identifying stories and repurposing content across multiple channels to promote the Wilson College of Textiles vision, mission and values in support of its strategic plan (https://textiles.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/wilson-college-strategic-plan-2020-2023.pdf). This includes news and feature stories, website pages and digital content, marketing and advertising copy and other content as needed.
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to generate content ideas; schedule and conduct interviews; recommend photography, videography and art as required; edit stories; and coordinate and leverage website and social media applications in partnership with IT and University Communications colleagues.
- With director of the OMC, assist with development and production of internal communications e-newsletter and support existing/emerging external newsletters.
- Serve as liaison with social media specialist and other colleagues to leverage story reach via Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and other channels as part of a robust social media and consumer/B2B strategy.
- Assist the director with story editing, website review/updates, marketing initiatives and strategic communications initiatives.
- Stay current with textile industry/higher education trends and assist director in elevating thought leadership communication opportunities for Wilson College senior leadership.
- Assist with special writing projects as required.
Full job posting found here: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/141418