Responsibilities include supporting corporate-wide communications efforts, developing executive messaging and helping plan employee outreach events for leaders. Specific duties will include:
• Writing and editing companywide communications
• Working with communications and marketing to develop internal communications in support of new programs
• Producing content for company’s intranet, including news articles, opinion pieces, videos, infographics, etc.
• Applying creativity to develop new approaches, methods and designs for internal communications
• Participating in planning, communications and/or content development for corporate events
• Developing talking points, scripts and/or PowerPoint presentations for company leaders
• Leading workstreams and projects, coordinating the efforts of others and influencing outcomes to meet departmental standards and advance company objectives
• Working with highly confidential information, adhering to company and department policies and SEC and AP guidelines
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification; degree in communications, public relations or journalism preferred.
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8+ years’ in communications or marketing, with experience in some or all of the following areas: internal communications, external communications, Web content, media relations, corporate positioning and branding and integrated communications/marketing programs) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Understanding and experience in applying AP guidelines
• Proven planning, organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work independently, make good decisions and apply sound judgment
• Strong experience in corporate brand and product positioning
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a quality product
• Experience in SharePoint / intranet content development and management
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Proven ability to work with senior leaders
• Ability to negotiate outcomes with management and external vendors
• Ability to consistently work well with others
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
• Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
• Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
• Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
• Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
• May require occasional travel (less than 10%)