You’re someone who has a knack for finding the facts, developing a story and using it make a positive difference in the community. You’re a quick study, reviewing data and developing reports comes just as easily as storytelling. You have a proactive mindset, are a good communicator and would love to be part of a team that works with every department at the lottery to do good.
The corporate social responsibility specialist will help a $3.8 billion a year business ensure it continues to meet its mission of responsibly raising money for public education in our state by maintaining the highest level of responsible gaming certification recognized internationally by the World Lottery Association (WLA). You’ll do work in areas like research, game development, communications and branding to help us improve our responsible gaming and corporate social responsibility programs, including our award-winning player education program, Play Smart.
This position offers a great opportunity to work with smart and talented people doing work that makes a difference. We have a goal to continue to be one of the most socially responsible lotteries in the world and we need your help to make it happen. Come and grow your career in this fun, friendly and fast-paced environment.
• Assist with the tracking, monitoring and execution of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and responsible gaming (RG) initiatives and projects, including the lottery’s award-winning Play Smart program.
• Supports public relations and communication responsibilities for RG/CSR and Play Smart program, including developing brochures, fact sheets, white papers, talking points, media release, blogs, etc.
• Serves as a writer for the the Report to the Public and RG Impacts report and creates content for national advocacy periods like Problem Gambling Awareness Month.
• Assists with the development and review of responsible gaming research, managing the RG research database and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Gathers and maintains up-to-date best practice information and data on lottery CSR and RG programs, looking for opportunities to improve.
• Assist with intervewing and telling stories on lottery winners and other communications programs like beneficiary awareness, internal communications and public affairs as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study (public policy, public administration, social services, business, communications, marketing, etc.) Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
• At least two (2) years’ experience applicable to job duties, prefer one year of work in the area of CSR. Master’s degree can count as years of expererience.
• Able to understand and conceptualize data and explain data in an easy, understandable way to internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to take complex subject matter or information and turn it into messages any reader can understand.
• Theoretical knowledge and practical experience working with external, internal benchmarks and developing and analyzing research.
• Excellent editing, writing skills and strong public speaking skills.
• Ability to work in teams across departments to accomplish a common goal.
• Superior organizational and problem-solving skills, analytical mind, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
Hiring Rate: $59,529 (this exempt position will be filled at or near the posted salary)
Closing Date: September 5, 2021