JOB TITLE: Development and Communications Associate II
DEPARTMENT: Development and Communications
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Development and Communications
OFFICE LOCATION: Chapel Hill/Hybrid
SERVICE AREAS: National and North Carolina
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hours
JOB SUMMARY: The Development and Communications Associate will gain valuable insight into the world of early childhood education and nonprofit communications and development by working directly with the Child Care Services Association (CCSA) Development and Communications department. Primary responsibilities include supporting Development and Communications staff with inbound communication requests from other divisions, researching and writing grant proposals, and helping execute the organization’s fundraising and communication strategies, including drafting and implementing fundraising and awareness campaigns, writing Development materials, creating graphics, updating our website, creating content for newsletters and blogs, collateral materials, proofreading and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Treat information on CCSA clients, employees, board members and donors in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate in building external awareness of CCSA, its work and mission through increased and refined external communication within and outside of the early childhood education field to position CCSA as a thought leader in the EC education field
- Collaborate in the implementation of the organization’s three-year strategic plan
- Research and write narrative for grant proposals for CCSA and its many programs
- Help Director of Development and Communications write, design and disseminate other Development materials as needed
- Track donations to the organization in our fundraising database
- Assist in all aspects of donor prospecting, cultivation, stewardship and budget/vendor/consultant management for special events and individual giving
- Create and curate content for organization-wide social media editorial calendar as well as monitor social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Write and edit content for newsletters, press releases, feature releases, blog posts, etc.
- Write and design promotional materials as needed
- Assist in managing the organization’s website through WordPress
- Collaborate on design projects resulting in clear, engaging graphics and brand identity compliant communications. Projects may include branded collateral materials, video, direct mail pieces, website and social media graphics, posters, flyers, special event photos and other marketing materials as needed
- Become familiar with the roles of the professional and paraprofessional staff at CCSA
- Become familiar with all aspects and services provided by CCSA
- Become aware of community services, resources and educational facilities available to program participants
- Perform other development and communications tasks as assigned
- Strong research, writing, analytical and reading comprehension skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail-orientation including time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Working-knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and/or Canva
- Experience managing social media business accounts preferred
- Strong initiative/self-starter; dependable; punctual
- Previous fund development experience an asset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, English, business administration or other related concentrations, and at least 1-2 years’ experience related to the job duties and responsibilities, internships included
SPECIAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
- An automobile at their disposal; a valid, non-suspended N.C. driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at organization’s discretion
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
- May work in shared space
- Requires driving and walking between multiple locations
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
SALARY RANGE: $36,634 to $48,488 per year
BENEFITS: CCSA offers a Cafeteria Benefits Plan which can be used for health, dental, vision and life insurance, child care tuition and 401(k) retirement. CCSA also offers short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, voluntary life and a 401(k) match. Additionally, CCSA offers generous paid time off benefits including vacation, sick, 14 holidays, and others.
APPLY: Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@childcareservices.org.
The above statements are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather are intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section of the description. Child Care Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.
All products developed by or on behalf of CCSA remain the exclusive property of CCSA.