We are seeking a talented, energetic professional with strong writing skills to fill the important role of digital content manager. This position reports to the vice president of corporate communications and is responsible for managing digital communications programs for PPD.
The individual we hire will serve as primary manager of corporate website content and corporate social media accounts, playing a central role in digital content development and social media administration. This requires an ability to work effectively, both individually and collaboratively with PPD stakeholders, to create highly engaging content that drives business objectives across all digital channels.
The role partners with multiple departments to develop relevant and compelling messaging and constructs these communications and marketing programs on digital platforms such as PPD’s corporate website, social media and email communications. As editor-in-chief for the corporate website and social media, the role ensures that communications are timely, accurate, appropriately positioned and creative.
The person we hire must have proven writing and editing skills; planning, organizational and project management expertise; and the willingness and ability to learn and adopt the use of new technologies and information systems.
Sample duties include:
• Develop new digital content (research, writing, editing), including the ability to interview subject matter experts and then write blogs, web page content and social media posts for review and approval
• Review and edit digital content developed by various stakeholders to ensure proper grammar, compliance with AP Style, and alignment with company voice and tone before publishing and posting
• Ensure a good rhythm of fresh content featuring company priorities across digital channels
• Develop and execute social media campaigns to grow digital audience
• Coordinate with our media team for announcing company news on the website
• Monitor responses to our social media posts and other mentions of PPD
• Maintain master editorial calendar for the corporate website and social media
• Reinforce social media best practices and serve as resource for departments and teams to maintain standards/style for digital communications
• Utilize web content management systems and corresponding tools to create and update web pages for use by internal and external audiences
• Create or edit images to enhance content presentation and formatting
• Utilize HTML/CSS for formatting and optimal content layout
• Responsible for defining and reporting on KPIs (analytics/survey results)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, public relations or journalism
• Ideal candidate will have a mix of experience in writing, editing and social media along with website technical and graphics editing skills
• 5-7 years’ experience in corporate communications, digital communications or corporate marketing…
• Or equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional writing and editing abilities
• Proven ability to use and apply AP Style
• Demonstrated planning, organizational and multitasking project management skills
• Proven experience managing social media networks and paid placements
• Experience with a web content management system such as WordPress or other similar systems or platforms
• Intermediate knowledge/understanding of website design and layout
• Technical and graphics editing experience in using HTML, CSS and Photoshop is preferred
• Strong experience in corporate brand and product/service area positioning
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a quality product
• Demonstrated business maturity and professionalism
• Ability to collaborate and build relationships
• Understanding of working within corporate structure for approval processes
• Ability to consistently negotiate expectations and outcomes with internal management and external vendors
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.