We are in search of a talented, energetic professional to fill the important role of digital content manager (associate). This position reports to the director of digital communications in managing strategic and tactical digital communications programs for PPD. The role collaborates with multiple departments to develop relevant and compelling messaging and constructs these communications and marketing programs on digital platforms such as PPD’s corporate website, social media and email communications.
The individual we hire will hold the central role in digital content development and social media administration. This requires an ability to work effectively individually and collaboratively with PPD stakeholders to create highly engaging content that drives business objectives across all digital channels.
We are looking for candidates who have the experiences and skills to serve as the primary manager of corporate website content and primary owner of corporate social media accounts. As editor-in-chief for the corporate website and social media, the role ensures that communications are timely, appropriate, creative and varied.
The person we hire must have proven planning, organizational and project management skills as well as the willingness and ability to learn and adopt the use of new technologies and information systems.
Sample duties include:
• Interviews, researches, writes, edits and develops content for websites, social media and other digital channels.
• Develop new content individually and in conjunction with subject matter experts.
• Review and edit all digital communications content to ensure proper grammar, AP Style, and voice and tone before publishing and posting.
• Own the corporate blog and ensure a good rhythm of fresh content.
• Develop and execute social media campaigns to grow digital audience.
• Share social media best practices with talent acquisition and volunteer/patient recruitment teams.
• Coordinate with PPD media team for announcing company news on the website.
• Monitor responses to our social media posts and other mentions of PPD.
• Maintain master editorial calendar for the corporate website and social media.
• Serve as resource for departments and teams to maintain standards/style for digital communications.
• Utilize web content management systems and corresponding tools to create and update web pages for use by internal and external audiences.
• Create or edit images to enhance content presentation and formatting.
• Utilize HTML/CSS for formatting and optimal content layout.
• Responsible for defining and reporting on KPIs (analytics/survey results).
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in digital media, communications, public relations or journalism
• 3-5 years’ experience in corporate communications, digital communications or corporate marketing
• Ideal candidate will have a mix of experience in writing, editing and social media along with website technical and graphics editing skills
• Or equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to use and apply AP Style. Technical and graphics editing experience in using HTML, CSS and Photoshop is required.
• Corporate or enterprise experience with a web content management system such as Sitecore, SharePoint, WordPress or other similar systems or platforms
• Proven planning, organizational and multitask project management skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong experience in corporate brand and product positioning
• Proven Internet-based positioning experience
• Intermediate knowledge/understanding of website design and layout
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to consistently negotiate expectations and outcomes with internal management and external vendors
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a quality product
• Demonstrated business maturity and professionalism
• Understanding of working within corporate structure for approval processes
• Knowledge of content relationship management applications and uses
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.