About the Position:
The Digital Video Producer serves as a member of the digital communications team within the corporate communication group and has responsibility for creating and executing digital communications and marketing initiatives for PPD. This role works collaboratively with executives and stakeholders across PPD to produce highly engaging digital video and multimedia content. Specifically, this position will shoot and edit digital video and develop supporting graphics for use on a variety of digital channels (including PPD’s website, intranet and social media) as well as in presentations to employees and customers.
• Produce and execute video and multimedia production from concept through delivery within tight deadlines
• Shoot, design, edit and coordinate all aspects of video production including audio, lighting, graphics, post-production and other areas as needed
• Must work well with people and be a great communicator and skilled coach in order to improve and direct on camera talent for optimal outcome
• Develop creative vision; author creative briefs, storyboards and shot list
• Establish objectives, determine budgets and establish timelines
• Use creative approaches and techniques in production and post-production
• Demonstrate expert-level experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition) and Final Cut Pro to edit and produce video and motion graphics
• Possess graphic design talent and utilize Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and others) to create, edit and optimize content and imagery to enhance digital content
• While much of the work in this role will be developed in-house, larger projects will require coordination and collaboration with outside vendors
• Coordinate, plan and execute the production and logistics for digital communications projects within the prescribed time and budget guidelines
• Plan and implement content distribution for all current social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
• Utilize and maintain an editorial calendar for video production, website content and social media
• Maintain digital media storage archive
• Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices
Analytics and Reporting:
• Utilize analytics tools to monitor digital media initiatives, evaluate results, suggest and implement improvements, and create PowerPoint reports related to these activities
• Educate and coach stakeholders on the value of multimedia content and best practices
• Monitor analytics and social media performance usage. Develop insightful reports and utilize analytics for presentation to key stakeholders
• Utilize Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Project to report on results and provide insights and recommendations
Some travel may be required with this position, approximately 10-15%
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in communications, journalism or digital media) or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience in video production (shoot, write, edit, audio, lighting, etc) that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years)
• Strong project management skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and deliver a quality product on time and within budget
• Demonstrated business maturity and professionalism
• Ability to apply technical skills for digital implementations
• Solid project and vendor management skills
• Strong knowledge of video and/or graphics editing programs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Junior level knowledge and understanding of web site design and layout
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to consistently work well with others and negotiate for optimal outcomes
• The role will work individually and as part of a team and manage projects across the organization.
• Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment
• Occasional travel to domestic and international site locations
• Physical demands:
o Frequently stationary for six to eight hours per day
o Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands and wrists
o Frequent mobility required
o Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
o Moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including lighting and video equipment with a maximum lift of 50 lbs
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multitask.
• Regular and consistent attendance
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
About the Department:
Our colleagues in corporate communications strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.