The Fayetteville Cumberland Economic Development Corporation (FCEDC) is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as Director of Public Relations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Media Relations, Communications or related field, with a minimum of two years’ experience or a master’s degree in Public or Media Relations, Communications or equivalent field
• Excellent communication and writing skills with examples of generating positive media coverage
• Competency in MS Office applications
• Experience in writing, storytelling and content creation across traditional and digital platforms
• Experience in writing mediums including, but not limited to press releases, news articles, blog posts, white papers.
• Understanding the different voices of economic development-related target audiences
Primary responsibilities include:
• Writing content to maintain a positive image of FCEDC, Fayetteville and Cumberland County
• Answering to any media inquiries concerning FCEDC and the state of Cumberland County’s economic growth
• Grant writing
• Conducting economic development research (demographics, wage rates, employment data, etc.) and translating into meaningful messaging for specific audiences
• Deployment of scheduled communications with various target audiences, designed to positively influence internal and external perceptions of the community, including social media, press releases, and events
• Working alongside Director of Marketing as a primary copywriter and editor in the development of FCEDC’s promotional materials
• Developing media relations and contacts
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
MS Office applications, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to travel when required
(domestically and internationally)
Minimum of bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably with specialization in
economic and community development or a related field and/or equivalent of a combination of education
FCEDC is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. For questions or to apply, contact email@example.com or (910) 500- 6464. Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and relevant work samples - including at least three writing samples. Position will remain open until filled.