The external communications specialist is responsible for generating content on behalf of the system. This position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships in order to generate story ideas, conduct live and taped interviews, support traditional media opportunities, provide broader external communications support as needed and assist with crisis communications and issues management.
The external communications specialist is responsible for building strong relationships with a variety of audiences and stakeholders, is solution focused and a team player.
The creative and visionary Marketing and Communications team at Vidant continues to grow. Check out this exciting career opportunity.
• Building and maintaining relationships with key internal and community stakeholders in order to generate ideas for stories.
• Building and maintaining relationships with members of the news media.
• Researching, arranging and pitching proactive news opportunities to the news media.
• Responding to media requests, to include arranging media interviews and escorting media while on Vidant property.
• Providing support for traditional media opportunities and developing stories outside of normal workday hours as needed.
Content Creation and Management
• Conducting live and taped interviews and assisting in the editing of broadcast videos.
• Monitoring and evaluating daily news coverage and following up with key stakeholders.
• Ensuring press releases are posted to the website.
• Taking photos of events for publications, media distribution and/or social media promotion.
• Researching and collecting information to support content development to tell and promote the Vidant story.
• Selecting well-placed locations, sounds and pictures to provide credence to content.
• Presenting news items on air -- both recorded and live sessions to include Facebook Live.
• Arranging meetings to gather information to generate content for the system.
• Ensuring prescribed editorial styles and formatting guidelines are followed.
• Recording data, editing clips and broadcasting polished stories.
• Responsible for helping protect and promote the organization's brand.
Reporting Metrics and Support
• Responsible for administrative support including media monitoring, metrics and tracking; maintaining databases / logs for metrics and reporting purposes; and completing reports.
• Providing support during incident command center activation.
• Handling and tracking patient condition requests.
• Provide writing support for Marketing and Communications needs.
Minimum Position Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations.
• Three or more years of related professional experience required.
• Newsroom and experience with live shots required.
• Strong writing and editing abilities; knowledge of AP writing style. Experience with standard office software products such as Microsoft office suite.
• Experience and comfort in public speaking and presentations.
• Seasoned at working both independently and collaboratively.
• Proven ability to work in a fast pace environment to meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in and support a matrix relationship with dual (system and care site) accountability.