CPA.com, a leading developer and distributor of technology solutions for the CPA profession, is seeking an experienced communications manager who can enhance our brand by sharing our story to key media, influencers and other stakeholders across various digital platforms. The Manager - Communications is responsible for the company’s social media strategy, content development and execution, in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications and PR and other senior management, and supports the development and implementation of public relations outbound engagement activities, including press releases, media advisories, articles, blogs and more.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and execute a multi-channel social-media strategy
• Own strategy and day-to-day management of CPA.com’s social media channels to build the reputation of CPA.com and its leadership and align with business goals and objectives
• Enforce adherence to company’s social media policies, including staff education and training.
• Write, design and produce social copy and visuals in alignment with CPA.com brand standards.
• Manage the production and promotion of company livestreams on LinkedIn, Facebook and other platforms
• Integrate and manage influencer strategy to help amplify content and messaging
• Execute social media advertising, overseeing paid social media budget and vendors
• Conduct regular testing to analyze content, messaging and deployment effectiveness. Create and share weekly analytic reports, learnings and best practices.
Manage social media monitoring, response and engagement strategy
• Monitor conversations on social media channels to drive engagement, respond to questions in a timely manner, identify potential reputational risks and manage crisis communication response plans, as needed
• Examine relevant spaces in the accounting industry and within the wider social media universe to identify emerging and values-aligned conversations where CPA.com should have a voice
Provide expertise and guidance to senior leadership, staff and external partners
• Provide social media counsel on company projects and initiatives with staff and partners, including product launches, key events, promotions and new partnerships
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
• Attend key company events to provide in-person social media support
• Support execution of public relations activities, working closely with Senior Manager – Corporate Communications and PR and leadership, to bolster CPA.com’s image and reputation, support its business-to-business offerings, give visibility to its leadership team, and help drive marketing and sales of its products and flagship events.
• Draft and develop press releases, articles, bylines, blogs, videos, social posts, infographics and other content that supports outbound engagement.
• Track and report quantitative and qualitative metrics and results to evaluate the effectiveness of PR strategies and ensure quality standards.
• Develop and repurpose content for channels outside of traditional media, including state society publications, firm association newsletters and other external sources.
• Other duties as needed.
• Capitalize on the news cycle to deliver timely and relevant content to advance CPA.com’s messaging and awareness of its products and solutions.
• Develop and manage corporate content calendar for social media and blog postings, ensuring alignment to company strategy, communications and marketing objectives
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
• 5-7 years of relevant communications/PR experience, including management of social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. Experience in financial services or technology industries is a plus.
• Excellent writing skills and demonstrated success writing content for a variety of business needs including digital/social copy, bylines, press releases, blogs, emails, etc.
• Proven ability to manage, grow and nurture social media accounts using analytics.
• Knowledgeable about social media marketing with experience running social media campaigns
• Familiarity with social media tools including Hootsuite and Social Studio
• Familiarity with media measurement and distribution tools, including Cision
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, navigate competing priorities, and effectively adjust work plans to respond to emergent challenges or opportunities.
• Ability to work independently and with limited oversight to accomplish agreed upon objectives and to evaluate results.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples, including one that demonstrates ability to write for social media platforms, when applying.
Apply on the CPA.com web site: https://careers-cpa.icims.com/jobs/1174/manager---communications/job
At CPA.com, we empower CPAs and businesses with innovative technology solutions to help them drive sustainable success for their clients and organizations. We develop the solutions ourselves or in partnership with leading technology providers such as Paychex.com, Bill.com, Lukka, Jirav and Vertex, among many others.
We’ve established ourselves as thought leaders on emerging technologies and as a trusted business advisor to accounting and finance professionals in the United States, with a growing global focus. Our team works every day to transform accounting practice areas, deliver cutting-edge technology solutions and advance the technology ecosystem for the profession.
What’s life like at CPA.com? Our team members would describe it as innovative, fast-paced, and flexible. We’re engaged—we get involved. We’re accountable—we stand behind our work. We’re collaborative—we thrive on teamwork. We’re authentic—we’re true to who we are. And we’re innovative—we’re always looking to what’s next.
We’re also a subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, which is part of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the world’s most influential organization representing 650,000 finance and accounting professionals worldwide. Visit cpa.com to learn more.