Marketing & Media Relations Specialist
To establish consistent and on-going Media Relations and Communications work for NCS. Work will be heavily focused on public relations, digital marketing, website, social media, and trade events to make our brands capitalize on business opportunities.
Working with our Director of Marketing, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing an ongoing PR plan, creating strategic in-depth content, building media lists, researching media opportunities, writing pitches and press releases, conducting media relations, monitoring media, and supporting our trade events and social media campaigns.
• Develop publicity strategies and pitches for online influencers – for spirits trade, off-premise and mainstream outlets.
• Build out media list across audiences.
• Generate earned media starting with trade channels and beverage media.
• Identify opportunistic visibility opportunities with Trade Associations and Forums, speaking engagements, advertising, and trade events.
• Help develop viral and buzz marketing strategies to generate brand awareness within these groups.
SELLING THE NCS STORY
• Create multi-layered content for social media posts, email campaigns, fact sheets, testimonials, infographics, etc.
• Conduct and establish baselines for market/customer/competitive research data and analysis in collaboration with the sales team.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUIRED
• Assist with the coordination of event logistics such as tradeshows, sponsorships, competitions, and customer activation programming.
• Work with printing vendors and research new merchandise as requested.
• Maintaining internal collateral and marketing materials.
• Fulfill online store orders via Shopify.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 5 years media and public relations experience.
• Minimum of 3 years in content development and/or marketing communications experience, preferably across B2B or product brands.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills. Earning a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism and/or PR experience is a plus.
• Basic Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Expert on the most effective programs/case studies across various social platforms.
• Ability to develop creative compelling content in line with the brand and value proposition.
• Proven success in Media Relations and Social Media outreach, interviews/bylines secured and customer engagement/conversion.
• A self-starter able to work independently, leading and managing projects.
• Possess a passion and appreciation for spirits and disruptive brands.
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple deadlines.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Positive Can-Do Attitude.
- 3 days per week
- Compensation $25 p/hour
- Location: Raleigh office