This role supports the Project Delivery Process and Systems Optimization (PD PSO) Communications Business Segment to deliver high-quality, interdepartmental communications in a complex cross-functional environment. The ideal candidate will oversee and execute communication strategies related to continuous process improvement and optimization of organizational performance, processes, and associated systems and training implemented to achieve business goals and objectives. Translate strategies into actionable plans and tactics and manage their implementation and production.
Essential Functions and Other Job Information:
• Supports and manages initiatives to develop and deliver comprehensive, timely and appropriate communications in alignment with Project Delivery PSO strategies, initiatives, and projects.
• Generates content ideas and approaches that include writing educational content crafted to inform and motivate behavior among Project Delivery.
• Manage and maintain department intranet site, including project management, creation of content, and development of site pages in Microsoft SharePoint.
• Write and edit content that aligns with relevant messaging and complies with corporate standards. Experience/familiarity with AP Style preferred.
• Create newsletters, email communications, scripts/videos, PowerPoint presentations, etc. for various individuals and groups within Project Delivery.
• Develop and manage execution of communication and change management plans for process improvement initiatives.
• The ideal candidate will have proven writing and editing skills; planning, organizational and project management expertise; understanding of change management discipline; and the willingness and ability to learn and adopt the use of new technologies and information systems.
• This role requires an ability to work effectively, both individually and collaboratively with PD PSO teams and PPD stakeholders, to create innovative communication tactics and highly engaging content.
• The position responsibility may include supervision of employees.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or relevant formal academic / vocational qualification; degree in business, communications, marketing or sciences preferred.
• Previous experience comparable to 8+ years, experience with enterprise-level communications or marketing is a plus.
• PSO and CRO experience preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
• Experience planning, developing, and executing strategic communications for business segments, functional groups and/or companywide initiatives.
• High energy, positive attitude and works well through change and shifting priorities.
• Proven ability to work effectively with senior executives and establish and maintain productive relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
• Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to work independently, without task-level oversight to make good decisions and apply sound judgment.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a quality product.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ability to manage changing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong proficiency in appropriate technology tools to work in a collaborative environment, including Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Exceptional skills with Microsoft SharePoint and other content-management systems, with ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Capable of directing and promoting teamwork in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team settings.
• Strong executive presence.