Lexington, NC, striving to be a #CityofChoice and a #WorkplaceofChoice, is seeking an extraordinarily talented, self-motivated, collaborative and creative public relations professional to join #OneCityTeam and catapult the City’s well established branding, events, urban initiatives and authenticity across multiple digital and media platforms. Desired candidate must possess the following skill set:
• Confident, collaborative communicator and presenter
• Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, layout and creative design abilities to articulate cohesive brands and messaging
• Superior organizational, project and time management skills
• A wide degree of creativity across multiple digital platforms (social media, photography, videography, graphic design)
• Strong understanding of current trends and talent to manage social media
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a positive and professional approach to management
Successful candidate must have graduated from an appropriately accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field; Master’s degree preferred; three to five years of experience in public relations, communications, or related field; with supervisory or project management experience preferred; Photography, graphic design and videography experience preferred; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered; Driver’s license valid in the State of NC and good driving record required.
Salary commensurate with qualifications, plus excellent benefits including acceptance of qualified transferred sick leave from other NC governmental entities and leave accrual rates based upon approved aggregate years of NC government qualified service. Salary range $55,242 - $90,155, depending on qualifications. Preference given to applications received by December 23, 2019 with position open until filled. Submit City of Lexington Employment Application, letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Job information, application and benefit information available at www.lexingtonnc.gov. The City of Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.