Senior Manager, Portfolio Product Communications
The Senior Manager, Portfolio Product Communications is accountable for developing and delivering strategic communications support for our portfolio of products.
Given the importance of the US business for ViiV and the need to support the current and future treatment and prevention portfolio, this role will partner with commercial and matrix teams to ensure aligned and business focused communications support across internal and external efforts.
This role requires a high level of credibility, and very strong interpersonal skills in supporting the implementation of external product communications initiatives. The role also requires an ability to simultaneously manage numerous, concurrent projects whilst identifying and focusing on key priorities given the breadth of the communications remit, and the often-unpredictable nature of day-to-day issues arising within this complex business environment.
- In partnership with Director of Portfolio Product Communications, develop and execute proactive product communication strategies and plans for the ViiV portfolio with an innovative mindset.
- Lead the development and execution of media relations activities, including press releases, media briefings, interviews, and media events.
- Issues/Crisis Management: Support the development of communications strategies on a wide range of business, social, and political issues and risks that could negatively damage ViiV HC’s reputation, performance, or the business operating environment.
- Teamwork: It is critical that this role is connected across the broader communications team, with a structured approach to sharing information and working with colleagues in key functions– including Global Communications, Government Affairs and broader US Communications External team and other matrix partners including marketing, regulatory, medical, and legal.
- Leadership: Leverage influence and collaborative ways of working across ViiV HC to create alignment on key issues/positions and stay well-informed on US issues. Set direction and promote business-focused, values-based communications plans; help identify and support opportunities for professional development.
- Manage external agencies and vendors, including PR agencies, to ensure quality and timely delivery of communication materials and activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the media environment and provide interpretation and guidance for strategies to deal with significant angles developing in the media.
- Metrics: Demonstrate continued strong relationships and demonstrate continuous improvement with regards to ViiV HC reputation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with product or corporate communications, media relations, and strategic communications.
- Communications experience, within healthcare or another highly regulated industry.
- Experience working with key decision makers, key issues related to pharmaceuticals, as well as political and social awareness.
- Experience developing communications; adept at working across matrix organizations, particularly within global organizations.
- Experience with metrics-based communications planning, media strategy, and stakeholder relationship approaches
- Proven track record of successfully developing and executing product communication strategies and plans, preferably in a global pharmaceutical company.
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, including regulatory requirements, product lifecycle, and market dynamics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex scientific and medical information into clear and compelling messages for different audiences.
- Leadership presence and confidence providing strategic counsel to peers and senior executives.
- Excellent knowledge of media drivers and practices; ability to use that information to inform judgment on communications strategies and tactics
- Appreciation for the importance of internal communications and its role in alignment and performance
- Crisis/issue management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment, managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Good judgment with demonstrated ability to manage high stakes communications
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure Willingness to travel as required to attend conferences, media events, and other relevant activities.
Why ViiV Healthcare?
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to be a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn’t just somewhere to work – it’s a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
For more information, contact Robin Gaitens, APR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.