We’re searching for a rock star writer at our growing, well-established, highly respected, content marketing agency, located in the vibrant, desirable Raleigh, NC area. Qualified candidates are passionate self-starters who love writing and tell great stories.
Unlike a dull, serious cubicle-filled environment, our company is a fun, exciting, creative and no- politics place where smart, ambitious and motivated people thrive. We are nice people and we work as a team to help each other and our clients! We work with high profile national brands like The Rosetta Stone, Great Clips, Golden Corral, Unilever and Pinot’s Palette. We have been recognized as a top 3 marketing firm by The Triangle Business Journal for the past five years.
You are our ideal candidate if you:
• are a creative story teller who can interview business owners and write a compelling story about their journey to entrepreneurship
• understand business and feel comfortable talking to CEOs about their companies
• can research a topic from house cleaning to beef jerky and write a blog post that draws in readers to comment and engage
• can turn sometimes boring material into fun, relatable copy
• have experience writing about small business and/or consumer products and services
• have a TV news or print journalism background as a reporter, producer, or editor
• have PR experience, writing press releases and compelling pitches to get journalists to cover your client
We pay well with a bonus plan and no glass ceiling if you’re the real deal! Our company is growing and you can grow with it, expanding your role and taking on more responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, PR and/or marketing.
• At least 4 years of writing experience with articles, blogs and press releases to show
• Some knowledge of PR, marketing and social media
• Some knowledge of small business and franchising
• Writes quickly and accurately, moving from subject to subject, while meeting deadlines
• Understands how social media, PR and content development are converging
• Has proven ability for copywriting, copyediting and proofreading.
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Can manage multiple projects, deliverables, deadlines and relationships at the same time
• Has a sense of humor, doesn’t take themselves too seriously
• Social media skills a plus
• Interview CEOs and small business owners and write articles and blog posts about their journeys to entrepreneurship and their business philosophy for their websites and social media channels
• Write well-researched blog posts about trending topics in business, marketing, franchising, health and wellness, education and the restaurant industry
• Write press releases about business grand openings, company awards and growth, new products and services and employee promotions
• Maintain excellent relationships with all clients (verbally and written)
We offer a competitive salary with lucrative bonus potential based on results. Relocation is not available for this position. Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment verification of education, employment history and criminal background.