Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants, www.imanet.org) is one of the largest and most respected not-for-profit associations of accountants and financial professionals in business. IMA provides a forum for professional networking, continuing education, the Certified Management Accountant (CMA®) certification program, and advocacy of the highest standards of professional and ethical business practices.
Reporting to IMA’s Senior Director of Communications and Public Relations, the Communications Manager position will serve as an integral part of IMA’s Brand team, supporting the promotion of IMA, its programs, products, services, positions, and most importantly, the CMA certification program. This Communications Manager will work to achieve effective brand equity and customer conversion among IMA’s target audiences.
- Develop marketing/PR/communications plans to leverage an appropriate mix of earned, owned, paid, and shared media channels to meet marketing and PR objectives
- Provide communications counsel and project management support for IMA’s various lines of business; develop and execute plans, tactics, and measurement for special communications projects
- Work with Brand colleagues and PR Agency of Record to plan and execute IMA’s PR program. Participate in strategy development and execution of day-to-day activities.
- Manage, with agency support, IMA’s media relations effort, leveraging the appropriate staff and volunteer spokespeople. Work with spokespeople to develop messaging that is on target with IMA’s communications objectives
- Engage IMA staff and volunteer leaders in the delivery of IMA’s approved Key Messages, strategic goals, and overall communications strategy
- Co-develop strategies and appropriate communications to address IMA’s positions on industry-specific issues affecting IMA stakeholders, the management accounting profession, and industry influencers. Keep current on industry trends in order to make recommendations to IMA’s internal clients
- Plan, write, and edit copy for IMA’s suite of electronic newsletters, including: IMA Online News, CMA Connection, Campus Connection, and Career Connection. Responsible for planning, managing vendor resources, and strategic direction. Make recommendations for future improvements to meet member needs
- Participate in developing copy for a variety of communications, including e-mail, website copy, press releases, bylined articles, Voice of the CEO, corporate communications, and other items
- Work with Brand team members to manage content across a variety of communications channels, including e-mail, social media, and IMA’s website, to provide relevant and on-brand messaging
- Assist in developing a strategy for meeting IMA’s internal communications needs, across four global regions
- Assist in the ongoing project management of the IMA Speakers Bureau
- Attain a detailed knowledge of IMA’s strategic plan, brand positioning, and industry issues to effectively contribute to the Brand team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related area of study
- Minimum of five years of experience in a communications, public relations, or marketing position
- Work experience at a communications agency, membership association, or not-for-profit organizational helpful
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing, and proofreading required
- Experience working with subject matter related to accounting, finance, and business issues helpful
- Strong strategic planning, client management, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to inform, influence, and inspire team members and senior management through effective campaigns and measured results
- Excellent reading, oral, and written communications skills
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Tricia Dulaski, Human Resources Manager, IMA, 10 Paragon Drive, #1, Montvale, NJ 07645 or e-mail at email@example.com.