The Communications & Marketing Manager (CM) is responsible for helping create and implement a strategic and multi-faceted communications plan designed to further develop and strengthen The Hunt Institute’s role and reputation as a leader and authoritative voice in state and national education policy. This will include thoughtful, consistent collaboration with Institute leadership as it relates to the production and dissemination of high-quality state and national publications, new media strategies, marketing materials, and overall brand management to support The Institute’s strategic plan.
The CM will manage the Graphic Designer. The CM will report to the Chief of Staff but is expected to have consistent and collaborative working relationships with all staff.
• Identifies timely, appropriate opportunities to support organizational initiatives and construct communications deliverables to promote and publicize activities including, but not limited to signature events, program initiatives, and opportunities that increase staff visibility (i.e. speaking engagements, podcasts and presentations).
• Crafts high-quality internal and external written materials, including, but not limited to press releases, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, newsletters, and targeted marketing materials.
• Serves as the last proofread leading up to production.
• Executes efficient publication production workflow, including the oversight of internal and external (i.e. partner, vendor) deadlines. This will require consistent coordination with project leads, authors of various Institute publications, the Chief of Staff, and the Graphic Designer.
• Manages all media contacts through Cision.
• Oversees The Institute’s online social media efforts including The Institute’s blog, the
Intersection, as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube platforms.
• Writes and schedules content for online social media accounts working closely with staff to identify content, amplify messaging, and strategically utilize the Institute’s network (i.e. partners, Foundation/Advisory Board, HK Fellows) to reinforce efforts.
• Manages the progress and work of The Institute’s new website, launching in spring of 2020.
• Coordinates The Institute’s website maintenance, ensuring that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
• Monitors current events and trends in education to anticipate potential public statements, placement of op-eds and letters to the editor, and partner/stakeholder coordination.
• Manages The Institute’s IT vendor relationship, as well as oversees internal IT needs including minor day-to-day troubleshooting and maintenance and new employee setup.
• Tracks and collects data that evaluates communications activities including social media, email and website analytics, creating measurement reports and offering recommendations for improvement.
To apply, please submit cover letter, along with a résumé or CV, to applicant@hunt- institute.org with the subject line “Communications & Marketing Manager.” Position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Full job description: http://www.hunt-institute.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Communications-Manager-JD-2020.pdf