ATI is seeking a Communications Manager to help tell the story of how ATI is Proven to Perform, solving the world’s challenges through materials science. This corporate-wide position will be embedded within the Specialty Materials business unit in Monroe, NC. This role will help to promote ATI’s extraordinary capabilities to internal and external audiences by partnering with leadership across ATI to strategically apply communications to achieve business goals and engage our team.
A successful Communications Manager will have experience reaching internal and external audiences through strategic communications that deliver results through sharp writing, creative video and a strong connection to audience. The successful candidate will help to build and maintain effective communications channels including digital and social, face-to-face, and print. Help us to empower and equip our nearly 7,000 team members as ATI ambassadors, finding fun and creative ways to protect and promote ATI while driving results. Bring your great ideas, collaborative spirit, and laser focus on getting great stuff done.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to support ATI’s business goals, continuing the ongoing repositioning of ATI’s brand as we establish ATI as an aerospace and defense leader.
- Create and distribute content to proactively tell the company’s story across all channels, written and video, to reach key audiences including employees, recruits, customers, community and media.
- Support ATI’s digital and social media presence, building impactful followership and engaging employees as ATI ambassadors.
- Help to protect ATI’s reputation through proactive crisis management plans and community relations strategies.
- Collaborate with company leadership and cross-functional teams to implement effective communications in support of change leadership initiatives.
- In addition to corporatewide responsibilities, serve as an embedded leader of the Specialty Materials business unit, driving business unit strategy through communications.
- Regularly assess and implement the appropriate measures that test the effectiveness of ATI’s communication channels, initiatives, and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in professional communications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Communications or a related field
- Prior experience working in the manufacturing industry, preferably in Communications
- Experience with graphic design and video production, such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience implementing social media strategies
- Video production expertise, including shooting, directing and editing
- Strategic thinking and strong communications planning
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to take initiative, lead through ambiguity, and deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%
- This role is hybrid, with 60-70% in-person attendance and 1-2 days remote. This role will be supporting sites that operate 24/7 and across multiple time zones.