The Graphic Designer focuses on developing and maintaining a consistent visual image for the health system by conceiving and executing designs for all media including print, digital and web; partnering with and supporting the marketing and communications department in the creation and delivery of creative products, maintaining and applying knowledge of the technology necessary to support corporate design needs; leading visual efforts to develop cohesive, high-quality messages for Vidant Health. Ensures that all marketing materials are in support of the overall marketing strategy.
• Serves as a brand manager, conceiving, creating and reviewing designs for internal and external use through-out the Vidant Health system
• Assists the marketing and communications department in determining the most appropriate forms of communicating various messages
• Supports the development of internally and externally facing presentations as needed
• Responsible for producing a variety of complex printed and digital documents, including web graphics, creating custom-designed graphics when needed
• Maintain relationships with vendors and effectively manage the production process
• Proofs all work to ensure both comps and final product are accurate at time of delivery
• Researches outside sources for photography and illustration when necessary and oversees their production
• Develops and maintains resources and tools to effectively deliver creative services in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner
• Self-monitors to ensure all jobs are completed on schedule and conform to quality and brand standards
Bachelor Degree required. At least four years of recent and related experience in a creative services environment, delivering high quality creative design services. Highly organized with a strong ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, projects in a fast-paced environment. Proficient with current creative design and professional office software including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite and MAC platforms. Demonstrates independent problem solving, taking initiative to address questions or concerns without prompt.