PR and Media Relations Intern
Self-Help is Seeking an Intern to Join our Marketing & Communications Team!
WHAT You’ll Do:
Self-Help is looking for a media savvy intern to maintain and expand our communications team. You will help craft and implement our social media communications plans and media monitoring campaigns. In addition, you can expect to help draft press releases, media statements, newsletters, social media content, multimedia (videos, podcasts, etc) as well as work on tracking and measuring social and traditional media coverage of our brand.
We are looking for someone who is a strong writer, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable about media trends. You should be a self-starter, creative thinker, and collaborative contributor. PRSSA membership is a plus.
The marketing and communications team delivers public relations and communications solutions based on research-driven insights and seasoned know-how to internal and external clients locally, regionally, and nationally. We work strategically to find creative solutions to problems and provide creative marketing and communications support for retail, real estate, environmental, social, and corporate governance, financial capability and economic justice and other worker member teams across the country.
- Perform research and write for news releases, brochures, fliers, and other materials for public information purposes.
- Storyboard and produce video and participate in other mulitmedia projects
- Build positive working relationships with the public
- Coordinate media material creation, distribution and monitoring
- Support media list development and/or research and media telephone and email follow-up outreach
- Organize, categorize and create electronic client clip reports
- Storytelling, interviewing, and writing to increase brand awareness and engagement on Self-Help’s various owned media channels
WHAT You’ll Need:
- Required skills: news writing, editing, video production. Should possess a basic understanding of media distribution channels and the general news media.
- An enthusiasm for learning.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in non-profit work, education, advocacy or social work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Please APPLY ONLINE at http://bit.ly/3Qk6xnP
WHO We Are:
Self-Help started in 1980 with a focus on economic inequality, especially in communities that have faced systemic barriers in building wealth. At the core of what Self-Help does is a drive to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity for all. In other words, we’re committed to economic justice! Economic Justice means that all communities have the basic infrastructure they need to thrive, from high quality schools to grocery stores selling fresh foods resources that support opportunity at a neighborhood level regardless of demographics, income or wealth.
Since our founding, we’ve constantly sought to find new ways to pursue greater economic justice: from providing fair and affordable loans, to working with partners to demand that lawmakers change unjust policies.
Self-Help’s internship program is designed to give students valuable experience in a professional setting while broadening their knowledge of Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs). It is our hope that we can educate and create a passion for the field of community development in the next generation of leaders.
APPLY ONLINE at http://bit.ly/3Qk6xnP